Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome to Potluck!



I cannot tell you how many times people have asked me to get them in contact with another friend, who they met at potluck, because they MUST have the recipe of that delicious whatever-it-was. Inevitably, something that takes too long never actually gets done, which is sad because learning new ways to cook was one of the founding reasons for me to start Potluck in the first place. Several Google Docs have been started, emails sent, but nothing seems to stick. So this is my solution: a blog. Here, anyone who attends my potlucks will be welcome, and strongly encouraged, to post what they've cooked up. Or if you're feeling especially chatty and just want to share some new kitchen discoveries you can do that too! I'll even offer to have the camera out so we can snap some shots on the day of... no guarantees there won't already be some nibbles missing though.

So start cooking and enjoy the conversation!


If you are checking out this blog and have no idea who we are or what we're talking about...

For almost two years now, I've been hosting monthly potlucks where I hope to introduce new friends and, even more importantly, new dishes. We have had anywhere from four to fourteen people get together and sometimes we are even organized enough to have themes, but we always have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment